Takes part in
- ESG in Real Estate SummitView Full Event
09:30 - 10:05
FIRESIDE CHAT: The elevation of ESG in Real Estate: Strategic adoption of ESG best practice to better position portfolios in uncertain times
Recent environmental and social issues have become a public and political priority, and as such, a material value for investors. Now more than ever, sustainable real estate presents a huge opportunity for investors, owners, and tenants in addition to elevating ESG as a C-SUITE conversation. Join these industry leaders for an intimate and in depth chat on:
- Leveraging impact strategies to maximise profit and mitigate greenwashing via transparency, accountability and action
- How do owners capture ESG principles when building portfolios?
- How does the emphasis on ESG and resiliency translate into the creation of actual investments?
- Green leases – looking beyond environmental clauses and including clauses that make a social impact
- Industrial Real Estate SummitView Full Event
15:30 - 15:45
Examining what sustainability means for digitalisation in Industrial real estate: providing solutions that are smart AND trustworthy
Digital technologies are providing opportunities for excellent environmental, social and governance (ESG) benefits in real estate. There are also multiple downside risks, which, if not well managed, can lose the confidence of our stakeholders, including tenants and investors. Sustainable digitalisation provides a pathway that helps navigate this dichotomy.
- Reviewing examples of the upside and downside possibility with digitalisation
- Considering what this might mean for social sustainability in real estate into the future
- Applying the Sustainable Digitalisation Principles to help enjoy upside social benefits and avoid harms
15:45 - 16:20
Sustainability Fireside Chat - Industrial Grade ESG - How design and technology are the keys to Industrial Real Estate sustainability
The global real estate sector is the largest contributor to the global climate crisis. In this session we examine why this culpability is driving big changes in how architects, builders, owners, operators and tenants are all working to tread more lightly on the earth and instil sustainable principles across the industrial landscape. In this session, we examine the technologies that are enabling the move towards sustainability and the ESG principles making it possible:
- How is climate change impacting how we approach industrial portfolios?
- Green & circular – using solar panels on the roofs of warehouses and other renewable energy sources to achieve carbon neutrality
- What other design and technology methods can be used to reduce energy and water consumption and drive bottom-line impact
- What role does procurement, social impact, diversity & inclusion play in industrial construction and maintenance?
14:50 - 15:10
Innovation round tables
In this session, we bring together delegates in a series of 5 facilitated round table discussions, with leading industry experts. Join a table that most interests you and discuss the latest technology and industry trends with likeminded individuals. A 20-minute facilitated discussion will run back-to-back from 2.50pm to 3.10pm. Coffee and networking will also start at 3.10pm for those who do not wish to participate in discussion groups.
Round Table 1: Warehouse Design, Construction & Fit-Out – Led by David Sanders, Director, FDC Building
Round Table 2: Warehouse Management – Led by Peter Stephan, Systems Engineering Lead, Cisco Meraki and Steven Krowitz, Inside Sales Manager – ANZ, Cisco Meraki
Round Table 3: Smart Industrial Buildings – Led by Paul Suhr, Federal Government & Public Sector Enterprise Specialist, Cisco Meraki and James Mckee, IoT & Edge Intelligence, Cisco Meraki
Round Table 4: Sustainability – Led by Simon Carter, Founding Chair, Sustainable Digitalisation Project
Round Table 5: Capital Markets Investor Insights – Led by Jesse Curtis, Head of Industrial & Fund Manager, Centuria Industrial REIT