Dr Samantha Hall
Takes part in
- Smart & Healthy Buildings SummitView Full Event
11:00 - 11:40
Panel Discussion: Creating buildings and asset portfolios that are Future-Ready
In this session we examine how the adoption and integration of technology within building systems can make them not only Smart, but Healthy and promote user wellbeing. From the implementation of smart lighting, HVAC, Wi-Fi networks and security throughout the buildings initial design and the development of its core infrastructure we can both innovate and build to last whatever the future brings. In the session we examine:
- Designing for resilience as well as planning for climate change and other scenarios to make our buildings Future-Ready and sustainable
- Understanding how Covid-19 has changed the landscape, design priorities and the spend focus of modern builds
- Understanding how technology is shaping the integration of systems within existing building refurbs and what innovations are driving forward thinking towards new building construction?
- Involving the facilities management team early in the design process to better align thinking.
How building operators can create synergies across areas from HVAC and energy efficiency; creating better hygiene in lifts and bathrooms and using sensors and smart carparks; to Wi-Fi and building networks, security and more.Panellists include:Moderated by: