Takes part in
- Future of Office Space Singapore SummitView Full Event
10:05 - 10:30
Putting the ‘H’ in ESG: How the Covid-19 pandemic has accelerated investor interest in health and wellbeing
The Covid-19 pandemic has impacted and upended our lives in every way. At the same time, it has influenced how businesses operate and the obligations towards protecting employees. These changes have resulted in a shift in the nature and extent of risks organisations face in the pursuit of business continuity. It is estimated that up to 40% of employees globally have considered seeking employment elsewhere, making human capital management a pain point for all organisations. Given human capital management is an organisations greatest asset (and expense), investors have taken note of these challenges, and are asking pointed questions of organisations about their response to the ‘Great Resignation’. In this keynote, Jack Noonan, Vice President at the International Well Building Institute, discusses how investors have caught onto the fact that human capital management is pivotal to success, and how organisations have had to adapt to these investor requests, and channel their efforts to retain and attract talent.
This presentation will cover the following topics:
- Why health and wellbeing are increasingly on the radar of investors
- The nature of social risks in the context of ESG, and why they’re demanding attention
- The key health and wellbeing metrics being used to influence investment decision-making processes
- How organisations are responding to investor requests and providing comprehensive data on health and wellbeing metrics
- Smart & Healthy Buildings SummitView Full Event
14:15 - 15:00
Panel Discussion: Accelerating the business case for smart building ratings and certification
Smart technologies have been around for a while, but without a clear ROI the case for adoption is weak. This session will explore the key criteria which drive financial approvals and the business case for smart technology ratings and certification from the perspective of the Landlord and Tenants. What are the critical accelerators and barriers which need to be navigated to gain support for the investment in technology enabled buildings and their ratings?
Panellists include:Moderated by:
- Establishing which standard to use for which building and why?
- How to establish an integrated smart building ratings scheme that covers:
- Must do
- Nice to have
- Luxury/gold standard
- Defining, measuring, and standardising the smart building – Standards, Tools & Frameworks
- Examining how the current ratings systems have increased the value of the buildings they rate
- Do these ratings systems help or hinder the industry?