Darren is currently the Chief Supply Chain Officer for Super Retail Group, a position he has held since January 2019. His main focus has been in transforming the supply chain to be fit for future. Darren’s responsibilities extend from the sourcing of private brand product all the way through international shipping and logistics of store replenishment and online fulfilment. Darren enjoys running including the occasional marathon.
Takes part in
- Industrial Real Estate SummitView Full Event
11:20 - 11:50
What impact has the growth of online shopping/e-commerce had on retail supply chains and Industrial real estate strategy?
In this session, we hear the Chief Supply Chain Officer of one of Australia’s largest retail groups discuss how COVID-19 and the proliferation of online shopping has impacted their business and forced a re-examination of their distribution network hub strategy.
- How has COVID-19 changed the demands of supply chain footprints in Australia?
- How has the growth of online shopping impacted the supply chain and industrial footprint of one of Australia’s leading retailers?
- How has meeting the evolving needs of customers led to a re-balancing of store and warehouse footprint?
- What technologies are being implemented to service the market and improve the supply chain across Australasia?
- Contract Logistics – What this means for warehousing, distribution & implementing integrated solutions across brands?
- Industrial Real Estate WebinarView Full Event
09:45 - 10:15
Panel Discussion: Rethinking Modern Warehouse Design & Construction
In this discussion, we gather experts from various Industrial Real Estate disciplines to discuss how technology and building operating systems are both impacting today’s warehouses’ design, functionality and use. We ask what is causing professionals to rethink their warehousing needs and explore what considerations are critical for the successful design, construction and the ongoing facilities management of today’s modern warehouses. We will address:
Panellists include:Moderated by:
- Examining the best practice principles of Design, Construction and Operations
- Incorporating new methods of laying out a warehouse
- Assessing Warehouse Management Software
- Implementing Productivity Benchmark Metrics
- Location, land and Infrastructure considerations
- Looking at Technology and its use in modern Industrial Real Estate
- Putting sustainability on the table and assessing ESG principals