Erezi is Digital Engineering Practice Lead at SMEC and a Project Management Professional (PMP) enabling lean approaches to Digital Engineering adoption and implementation across Industry, Government and Academia. He actively collaborates with an extensive Digital Engineering stakeholder network and has fostered successful project delivery in the Design and Construction sectors of the built environment:
As a thought leader in Building Information Modelling, Erezi’s proposed approach for rationalising BIM in the UK AEC was adopted by the Head of BIM Implementation to provide clarity to stakeholders around the collaborative platform BIM would provide in transforming work processes.
By facilitating Digital Engineering (DE) / BIM delivery approaches, Erezi has enabled best-practice adoption of BIM by teams across the globe, including Australia, the United States, New Zealand and Singapore.
Erezi was nominated to support the ANZ Guide review for the ISO 19650 suite of Standards (including ISO 19650-3) and collaborates regularly with the National Specification System of Australia (NATSPEC), the Lean Construction Institute Australia and the buildingSMART network.
Erezi’s experience cuts across over thirty Digital Engineering and BIM projects and facilitated reviews of the widely acclaimed BIM Portal by the Scottish Futures Trust prior to its public release across Scotland. Currently, Erezi contributes to effort by the Australasian BIM Advisory Board (ABAB) to support an integrated approach to BIM adoption and implementation, especially targeted at Asset Owners and Stakeholders
Contribution to Standards Development (Australia and International)
– Standards Australia BD-104 Working Group
– International ISO Group (ISO 19650 and ISO 12911)
– Australasian BIM Advisory Board (ABAB)
Qualifications and Memberships
– PhD: BIM and Construction Specifications
– MSc.: Construction Project Management (Dist.)
– B.Tech: Project Management Technology
– buildingSMART Australia
– Associate Fellow: UK Higher Education Academy (2015 – Present)
– Associate Director: Project Management Institute (PMI) Queensland (2017 – 2018)
Key Skills and Competencies
– Digital Engineering/BIM Advisory, Management and Coordination
– DE Strategy Development, Project Management and Change Control
– Current State and Future State Asset Assessment
– Certified in Leadership, Communication and Public speaking
– Business Process Modelling