Please note that we cannot and do not assume any responsibility for the privacy or security practices of any other web sites which you may be able to access through our site, or for our customers’ level of compliance with our code.
COLLECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
FuturePlace collects different information about you at different times. There are 4 broad categories of information that we collect from you:
- Information we require to supply our services.
When you first sign up or contract with FuturePlace for our services, or when you make an inquiry about our services, we request information such as your name, address, telephone number, domain name, email details of your primary and secondary contacts, credit card details (if you are paying online). We may also ask for your age and gender.We may also monitor and/or record telephone conversations with you from time to time in order to train staff and to improve our service to you.
- Non personally identifying information.
- Other demographic information.
If you respond voluntarily to our surveys or other interactive communications, we collect the responses and use the information to improve the quality and range of FuturePlace’s products and services.
- Personal information stored on a web site hosted by FuturePlace.
FuturePlace will have personal information stored on our servers due to the fact that we host web sites of other organisations. Any information that is submitted to or collected by these organisations will be physically located on a FuturePlace server. This information, whether voluntarily provided or not, will not be used or released by FuturePlace in any manner, and it will be kept strictly confidential, unless we are required to release the information by law.
USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We only use personal information for the purposes for which we collected it – purposes which are directly related to one of our events.
We do not give personal information about an individual to any government agencies, private sector organisations or anyone else unless one of the following applies:
- You have consented
- You would reasonably expect, or have told us, that information of this kind is usually passed to those individuals, bodies or agencies
- It is otherwise required or authorised by law
- It will prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to somebody’s life or health, or
- It is reasonably necessary for the enforcement of the criminal law or of a law imposing a pecuniary penalty, or for the protection of public revenue
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
FuturePlace has implemented security features in our database to protect your personal information from unauthorised access. We maintain our servers in a controlled, secured environment. Only staff who need to have access to your personal information in order to perform their job function are authorised to access the database. Constant changes to the Internet and technology mean that we cannot guarantee that data transmission will be 100% secure, or safe from attack by unauthorised intruders.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
You agree that we have the right to share such portions of your personal information as may be appropriate with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- Personal data of event speaker and sponsors including name and image may be placed on FuturePlace event websites and indexed by search engines, for example Google;
- Professional organisations involved in the provision of services for the event contracted for, such as, for example hotels, venue owners, live conference and online event service providers.
- Event sponsors and exhibitors – If you are a delegate we may share your information with event sponsors, exhibitors and other (vendor) delegates representing companies that provide relevant business solutions. They may contact you in relation to special offers, products and services related to your role within your company. You can opt-out at any time.
- Other event attendees through our virtual event platforms and event app’s – To enhance your event experience FuturePlace uses a mobile app that you can download onto your smartphone at any of our events. We also use a virtual event platform that allows people to experience our events remotely. The features of the virtual platforms and the app include viewing the agenda, sponsors and speakers along with enhanced networking and interactivity at the event. The enhanced networking allows all attendees to see the name, job title and company name of anyone who attends the event. By downloading the app or attending a virtual event you agree to sharing these basic details and to be contacted by other attendees within the app or platform solely for networking purposes in connection with the event. You can opt-out at any time.
- Event sponsors and exhibitors. When you allow your badge to be scanned at a FuturePlace event, your personal data will be shared with the relevant event sponsor or exhibitor and used in accordance with applicable data protection laws, sponsor’s or exhibitor’s privacy notice and other notices or consents you are provided with or given at the event.
At some of our events, we may take photographs and record videos of presentations and networking to be published on FuturePlace websites, post-event reports, social media and future events’ communications. By attending a FuturePlace event, you comply to have your image used by the purpose mentioned above. If you do not wish to be photographed/filmed and/or have your image displayed on FuturePlace’s events communications, please contact us at email@example.com. Please note all opt-out requests will be processed within 28 business days from the date of receiptt
OTHER DISCLOSURE BY YOU
You should never reveal your password to third parties. If you lose control of your password, you may lose control over your personal information and may be liable for actions taken on your behalf by third parties using your password and/or personal information. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately change it.
If you collect personal information which you keep on servers provided by FuturePlace as part of our service to you (including email), you alone are responsible for compliance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) in respect of that information. We take no responsibility for your dealings with personal information you collect.
ACCESSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Subject to the Australian Privacy Principles, an individual has the right to request from us the Personal Information that we have about them, and we have an obligation to provide them with such information within 28 days of receiving their written request. If an individual cannot update its own information, we will correct any errors in the Personal Information we hold about an individual within 7 days of receiving written notice from them about those errors.
It is an individual’s responsibility to provide us with accurate and truthful Personal Information. We cannot be liable for any information that is provided to us that is incorrect.
For members: From time to time you may need to update your personal information. We keep this information in a secure environment which you can access through our website. In order to amend any of your personal information, you will be required to give your user name and password. If you contact us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), you will need to answer a few security questions before any personal information is revealed or amended.
CORRECTING, UPDATING OR REMOVING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Subject to the Australian Privacy Principles, an individual has the right to ask us not to process their personal data for marketing purposes. The individual can also exercise this right at any time through the ‘contact preferences’ link in the footer of our marketing emails or you can email your request to email@example.com.
FuturePlace will make every attempt to keep personal data accurate, complete and up to date. If your personal information is incorrect, changes or if you no longer wish to receive information from us, we will endeavour to correct, update or remove the data as swiftly as possible. Please note all opt-out requests will be processed within 28 business days from the date of receipt.
If you have a complaint about any aspect of our Privacy procedures, please contact our Privacy Officer on firstname.lastname@example.org. We will deal promptly with your complaint.
ADDITIONS TO THIS POLICY