Takes part in
- Future of Construction SummitView Full Event
11:00 - 11:40
Construction leaders panel I: New norms not aspirations—changing the culture of the construction industry
In the next industry leaders panel, we examine how the construction industry can implement a new best practice Culture Standard to lift the productivity and performance of construction and address the major issues holding back our industry – excessive work hours and fatigue, poor mental health, and a failure to attract a diverse workforce.
Panellists include:Moderated by:
- Reviewing the initiatives of the Construction Industry Culture Taskforce and examining what needs to be done to address the less than ideal culture across the Australian construction industry?
- What is happening abroad and what can Australian constructors learn from their international peers?
- Looking at diversity and what can the industry do to attract more females and create a more inclusive culture.
- Understanding why changes to culture can increase productivity, improve the work life balance of your workers and how in turn this leads to higher safety standards and other key industry benefits.