Takes part in
- Future of Construction SummitView Full Event
14:45 - 15:20
Panel session: Concord Hospital - Could a five-day week improve the health of workers and improve productivity?
In this session we address some of the core challenges behind the industry adopting a more flexible approach to work life balance such as the 5-day working week. In this case study of the development of Concord hospital, we examine the perspectives of the client, the construction company and the academic who researched the project:
Panellists include:Moderated by:
- How and why should we move to a 5-day working week?
- How can you compete with companies working 6 days?
- Looking at the reasons behind the movement such as:
- Greater Gender Diversity
- A better work-life balance
- Better Safety standards
- Greater employee satisfaction
- Increased output and efficiency despite there being fewer workdays