Takes part in
- Future of Construction SummitView Full Event
12:15 - 12:50
Panel discussion: Building a sustainable future
The construction industry, by its very nature, is one of the largest consumers of materials and produces more waste than any other sector. The need and importance of sustainability in construction have become a hot topic due to growing concerns over climate change and the finite nature of resources. But what exactly is sustainable construction and how do you embed it into every phase of your project?
- What’s driving the shift towards more sustainable construction methods and materials?
- Which new technologies and materials are enabling sustainable construction?
- How do you ensure sustainability in your supply chain and during the construction process?
- How are building standards and ratings driving the adoption of sustainable construction?
- Case Study: Caddens Corner
- Looking at the development of a 5-Star mixed use project in Western Sydney and the lessons learnt and the outcomes achieved
- Examining the client brief, how the architects interpreted that brief and how the construction process was implemented in order to deliver the sustainable objectives