As Chief Economist, Ben provides strategic advice to clients on the property investment market, and lead’s the wider Research and Consulting team at Knight Frank Australia. He is an experienced economist and property research professional, with expertise in both global research and strategy as well as the Australian market, having previously worked in the UK for ten years. Ben has a deep understanding of global office markets and the dynamics influencing demand. Prior to joining the property industry, Ben had was an economist and policy adviser at the Australian Department of Treasury.
Takes part in
- Industrial Real Estate SummitView Full Event
14:10 - 14:50
Fund manager's panel - Capital Market and Industrial Fund Manager perspective
Panellists include:Moderated by:
- How are the capital markets reacting to the ongoing industrial boom?
- How will land scarcity influence returns and the demand for the sector?
- Where are cap rates, and how are they impacting acquisitions and sales?
- How are trends like the move to Automation, Last-Mile Delivery locations and Multi-Level warehousing likely to impact the pricing for assets in the future?
- How do Fund Managers identify and mitigate risk in the Industrial sector?
13:50 - 14:10
Accelerated change: Reviewing the short and long term impact of the pandemic on demand for Industrial Real Estate and the property investment landscape
The past year has seen the acceleration of a number of changes that were already underway, most notably the rise of online retail, and this is upending traditional asset allocations and directing more capital toward industrial real estate than ever before. What are the economic drivers of growth and how is the industry adapting to the rise of the industrial sector both locally and globally? Is this growth sustainable and for how long?
- The online retail structural tailwind for industrial growth – will this continue and what does this mean for landowners, developers and investors?
- What other effects has the pandemic had on the short and long-term demand for industrial real estate?
- How will rising consumer expectations for expedited delivery impact demand for urban logistics facilities in metropolitan areas?
- How are these trends impacting property investment globally and in Australia?